Tuesday 24 July 2012

Khalil Gibran

" The man who enjoys neither hostility to evil nor support of what is good, will not know how to destroy what is evil in himself nor safeguard what is good.

I love him who was crucified by the moderates. When he bent his head and closed his eyes, certain among them said, as though comforted: 'At last this dangerous extremist is no more'

And I love those who have been sacrificed by fire, excecuted by the guillotine for a thought that invaded their heads and enflamed their hearts.

I love you, O extremists, you who are nourished by unfathomable ardours. Each time I raise my glass, it is your blood and your tears that I am drinking.

And each time I look through my window at the sky, it is your faces that I see.

And when a storm rises, it is your singing and your praises that I hear"

No comments:

Post a Comment